Thursday 12 January 2012

Padi Fields - up close and personal


I was born and bred in Kedah, the rice bowl of Malaysia. Hence my love for rice (those who know the Songs know how much we need rice). So it's no coincidence that my home was beside a padi field.

I spend lots of after-school hours there, catching fighting fish, collecting water plants, and flying kites there after harvest.

So when we chance upon Laman Padi in Langkawi, I went back in time. Imagine every stage of the padi fields in one place at one time!

Here are the photos as proof. Ahhh..it's like balik kampung for real.

This is when the padi is just planted and growing
The edge of the padi field where you can walk on strips of banks.
Here you see them maturing and this is the best time to catch fighting fishes
The padi ripens and ready to harvest soon. The fields are drying up.
This is after harvesting and already shoots are starting but they usually toil the grounds after this.


1 comment: